BLMK Suicide Prevention Wave 4
Community Grants Fund 2022/23
BLMK Integrated Care Board is inviting voluntary and not for profit organisations to apply for grants up to to £5,000 (up to £8,000 in certain circumstances).
This funding is part of the NHS England Suicide Prevention funding for BLMK.
The aim of the Wave 4 Programme is to:
• Reduce Mental Health Inequalities in local communities
• Promote positive Mental Health in local communities
• Build resilience to Mental Health problems
• Reduce the stigma of Self-Harm and Suicide
• Increase community-based support for those at higher risk of Suicide
• Reduce the incidence of Self-Harm and repeated Self-Harm
• To reduce the impact of Self-Harm and Suicide
Covid-19 has widened health inequalities. Inequalities in mental health mean that some people are more likely to have poor mental health, and less likely to get effective support.
The grants are aimed at projects within Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes that support and proactively engage groups experiencing health inequalities where there is an emerging risk of Self-Harm and Suicide.
Projects supporting high-risk groups could include:
• People under the care of Mental Health Services
• People with a history of Self-Harm
• People in contact with the Criminal Justice System
• Drug and alcohol misuse
• Vulnerable Groups including but not limited to:
o Ethnic Minorities
o Survivors of Domestic Abuse
o Survivors of Sexual Assault and Abuse
o Homeless and Rough Sleepers
• Loneliness and isolation
• Children and young people
• Autistic people
• People with a learning disability
• Those who are sensory impaired
• People with a long-term health condition
• People living in poverty
• People struggling with their financial wellbeing including debt and gambling harm
• People experiencing marital breakup
• People who have been bereaved
• People who live alone
• Training e.g., Mental Health First Aid or Suicide Prevention Training. This is already available through other initiatives.
• The deadline for bids is 5pm on 31st July 2022.
• Applications will be assessed w/c 1st August 2022.
• Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 15th August 2022.
For full details and an application form, please contact Gary Read on [email protected].
Please note: these grants are not administered or managed by BLCF