The Response Fund
The overall aim of the programme is to support local voluntary and community organisations that are helping vulnerable people impacted by the Covid-19 crisis. Grants of up to £5,000* can be considered for organisations based in Bedfordshire.
Who Can Apply
Voluntary and community organisations, including but not limited to:
- registered local charities, including charitable incorporated organisations
- constituted community groups and non-registered charities
- companies limited by guarantee with clear charitable aims and without share capital, social enterprises and community benefit societies (please review our guidance around CIC’s and Social Enterprises before applying)
- community interest companies and community benefit societies (community foundations can use their own policy)
- parish and town councils (if the funded activity is not deemed part of their statutory duties)
- Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs)
- Churches and other religious organisations (if the funded activity is not deemed to be proselytising)
Not Eligible under this programme
- See criteria document
Priority will be given to funding organisations who are reaching the most vulnerable or at greatest risk of negative social, health or economic impacts. The priorities for this fund are:
1. Combatting Hardship- organisations working to combat hardship including economic, social or health impacts
caused by the pandemic
2. Supporting Vulnerable People- organisations that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure
that their health and wellbeing is maintained including those who are self isolating, community response coordination and informal groups responding to the crisis.
3. Disproportionately affected communities- organisations supporting people or communities who have been
disproportionately affected by Covid-19.
The types of programmes that this funding could support are, but not limited to:
- Mental Health Support
- Support for vulnerable and older people
- Training for new volunteers/aid workers
- Distribution of essential items
- Keyworker staff costs for increased hours
How much can I apply for?
Grants of up to £5,000 can be considered for organisations based in Bedfordshire. All grant awards must be fully spent by 31st August 2021. The deadline for first round applications is 12th Febuary by 12pm.
How Do I apply?
Please view the Criteria Document ahead of applying here.
The online application form can be found here.
To discuss any aspect of this fund please contact:
The BLCF Grants Team
By Phone: 01525 306 690
By Email: [email protected]